Proper Care of your New Tattoo
It takes 2 people to ensure a good tattoo: one doing the work, and one taking care of it. Your tattoo was applied with the most up-to-date sterile procedures and finest colors available. The quality of your new tattoo, from this point on, is entirely dependent on proper care during the healing process.
YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF YOUR TATTOO PER THE FOLLOWING
- Leave the bandage on for 24 hours
- After removing the bandage, wash the tattoo with mild soap and water, using a washcloth to properly cleanse the tattooed area
- Apply antibiotic ointment (Neosporin or A&D Ointment) in a thin layer 3 or 4 times a day until healed, which takes 2 weeks. If too much ointment is applied, it could cause the tattoo to form a scab, so apply lightly, like lotion.
- Use sterile bandages or other sterile dressing when necessary. Do not pick, rub, tear, or soak tattoo while it is healing
- For 2 weeks, minimize exposure to the sun, and do not swim in fresh, salt, or chlorinated water
- While showering, cover the tattoo so it doesn’t get wet while it is healing (use plastic wrap)
- The client shall consult a healthcare practitioner at the first sign of infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction and report any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction resulting from the application of the tattoo to the Artist and to the Texas Department of Health, Drugs and Medical Division at 1-888-839-6676
Please follow these instructions carefully for a fast healing and trouble free tattoo
For any additional questions, call or come by.
3rd Generation Ink
126 Heights Blvd, Suite 102
Houston, TX 77007